A Toddler Teacher.
Last night Krista and I babysat for a friend. Their little girl is two years old and such a sweetie. As I was following this little girl around my not-yet-child-proof house like a lemming, I had the following reflections:
– There is a reason God gives us two years to prepare for having a toddler.
– No matter how messy it is, toddlers eating oranges are cute.
– Pacifiers (or cry-plugs as I like to call them) are made in heaven.
– Baby Einstein movies work well to help adults fall asleep.
– Two parents are not enough to keep track of one toddler’s evening activities.
– Some games designed for children age three are more entertaining for children age twenty-four.
– No matter how innocent they look, toddlers can be competitive too.
– No matter how much more mature than toddlers they are, twenty-four year olds are also competitive.
– Nap time is more for adults than for two year olds.
Thats all I have for now, I am sure I will have other not-so-useful reflections in the future!
Posted on April 25, 2006, in Uncategorized and tagged Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Here’s my question, when games are stated for 2 or 3 year olds and up…how do you initally teach the child how to play? We got Ian a Dora match game. He understands the point of matching the two pictures that are the same, but he can’t get that he can only turn over two at a time!! It’s really funny watching my family try to teach him.
I’m glad you started posting again. I enjoy reading your words, and I look forward to hearing more about the child God is lending to you and Krista.>>Backlog Bob